Workshop: Online Tools, Live Performance and Community Engagement
This Onion Talk reveals some of the aspects we won’t be looking at in the workshop.
by Michael Wheeler,
Next week I am leading a workshop with Theatre Ontario on online tools and how they can complement and integrate with live performance. It is designed to be useful to staff at arts organizations as well as artists interested in these ideas and concepts . You know how they say spots are limited and filling up fast? This is also true in this instance.
Looking at examples from work with The Electric Company, Volcano Theatre, The Shaw Festival, The Theatre Centre, Praxis Theatre and The Wrecking Ball, this workshop investigates imaginative expression and best practices in performing arts and online integration.
Questions the workshop poses:
- Where does your social media content come from?
- What ‘voice’ should you use to represent your work or organization online?
- What’s the latest with live-blogging and live-tweeting?
- How can online tools and presence assist instead of distract from the work?
Participants will emerge with:
- A better idea of your relationship to social media
- A clearer idea of what approach to social media is right for you.
- Information to inform your social media strategy.
- Ideas for social media content and where to look for/create them.
- A better understanding of trends and developments.
- HASHTAG: #THEATREON
WHERE: 215 Spadina Avenue, Suite 210. Toronto
WHEN: Tuesday November 27, 6:30pm to 8:30pm
RSVP: Theatre Ontario Registration