Elsewhere in the #theatrosphere
Here’s a round up of some interesting thoughts and ideas from the local theatrosphere:
- The always provocative playwright and Buddies in Bad Times Theatre founder Sky Gilbert has started his own blog.
- Studio 180’s Mark McGrinder blogs about the potential positive spin-offs for the arts via the Mayor’s weight loss challenge.
- Matt MacFadzean last year’s indie Dora nominee for best actor, and star of TV’s Insecurity, blogs for CBC on the ways Canadian and American creative talent handle risk differently.
- Previous Praxis Theatre contributor Lindsay Schweitz has been writing one blog post a day for an entire year. Each month has been devoted to a different topic dedicated to challenging the way Lindsay thinks about and lives her life, with her readers picking the final month’s topic. Check out what they picked.
- Crow’s Theatre has published a provocative blog by playwright/performer Sean Dixon that asks some interesting questions relating to existentialism and what we require people to do to become Canadian citizens.