In person, online and interactive discussions
by Michael Wheeler
There are two upcoming events I am organizing that emphasize conversation and online interactivity in a performative context. You are invited!
One is free and includes lunch – the other is very reasonably priced and perhaps you work for an organization that has a budget for there types of things anyhow…
Working with The Theatre Centre to create an interactive and friendly space to engage in dialogue surrounding TEDx Toronto: an independently-organized, one-day conference, designed to give communities, individuals and organizations an opportunity to stimulate meaningful exchange. TED Talks bring top minds from technology, entertainment and design together to share ideas, inspire movements and ignite change.
This year’s TEDx Toronto is on October 26th, 9am-5pm and The Theatre Centre will be hosting a Live Viewing Party at the POP-UP. Join us as we live-stream the conference, bringing the TED experience to you by providing an opportunity to engage with other viewers and share ideas online and in-person.
This event is FREE and lunch will be provided – BUT you have to RSVP if you’re going to be there around lunchtime (so we know how much food to get):
HASHTAGS: #TEDxToronto for city-wide conversation & #TEDxTOTC for location specific conversation.
WHERE: The Theatre Centre POP-UP @1095 Queen West
WHEN: Friday, October 26, 9-5pm
RSVP: Viewing party RSVP form (please select The Theatre Centre POP-UP from the list of locations at the bottom of the page)
Partnering with Theatre Ontario to create a workshop on Live Performance and Community Engagement.
Looking at examples from work with The Electric Company, Volcano Theatre, The Shaw Festival, The Theatre Centre, Praxis Theatre and The Wrecking Ball, this workshop investigates imaginative expression and best practices in performing arts and online integration.
Questions the workshop poses:
- Where does your social media content come from?
- What ‘voice’ should you use to represent your organization online?
- What’s the latest with live-blogging / live-tweeting?
- How can online tools and presence assist instead of distract from the work?
Participants will emerge with:
- A better idea of your organization’s potential relationship to social media
- A clearer idea of which social media is right for your organization
- Information to inform your social media strategy
- Ideas for social media content and where to look for them
- A better understanding of trends and developments in social media
- HASHTAG: #THEATREON
WHERE: 215 Spadina Avenue, Suite 210. Toronto
WHEN: Tuesday November 27, 6:30pm to 8:30pm
RSVP: Theatre Ontario Registration